PALS: A Reading Strategy for Grades K–1
Please answer the questions below. If you have difficulty answering them, go back and review the Perspectives and Resources pages in this module.
- List five benefits of PALS. Explain why they are valuable to teachers or students.
- Compare and contrast the specific reading skills addressed by K-PALS and first-grade PALS.
- Compare the recommended method of grouping students for K-PALS to the method suggested for first-grade students.
- Imagine that you are Ms. Sweeney, a kindergarten teacher implementing PALS. Of your 20 students, one is absent, leaving one student without a partner. How would you ensure that each student could participate in your regularly scheduled K-PALS session?
- Imagine you are Mrs. Miselem, a first-grade teacher, and you are planning to implement PALS for the first time. What two steps might you take to promote a healthy team environment?
previous | next | back to Challenge Cycle
The IRIS Center
Special Education Resources for Inclusion,
Scientifically Validated and Evidence-Based Instructional Strategies
Module Main Page